This is the second part of a series covering beautiful outdoor wedding venues and gown ideas. If you haven’t seen the first part, don’t forget to check it out or you’ll be missing some amazing photographs and gowns.
Creating a beautiful outdoor wedding can be as simple as taking the colors around you as inspiration or choosing unique colors so that you stand out. Both traditional and untraditional gowns can be a glamourous affair for outdoor weddings, drawing attention and leaving people breathless. Choose to go with a gown that flows in the wind, or have something more form fitting that follows your natural curves.
Outdoor weddings can be beachside resorts, forested scenes, and even mountaintop escapes. Couples have chosen to tie the knot in historic areas near castles or old buildings, or just plain out in the open in a field or valley. The options are limitless and the choice you make says a lot about your personality and taste. Childhood favorite places or a setting that is meaningful to your relationship can be a great touch as well.
Check out more amazing pictures of these outdoor weddings and take some notes for yourself.
Gallery Wedding Photo Sessions – range from 51 to 100 photos out of 200
51. The beauty of a natural setting can be easily played off with soft tones or textures. The dark brown of the wooden rails, as well as the rich green of the trees behind, make a great color scheme to balance with soft browns and lace. The bride’s gown is a gorgeous sheer lace, allowing the eye to see through to her natural skin tone. Her hair is kept natural as well.
52. A great place to choose for an outdoor wedding venue is somewhere with blooming trees or flowers. The cherry blossoms here give a stark contrast to the dark bark. The bride has played on this idea and chosen an untraditional gown color that keeps a modern theme. The sweetheart neckline, lace, and soft ruffles at the bottom are a beautiful combination.
53. A rich green canopy sits behind this beautiful bride. She is wearing a unique black and white blend wedding gown with sheer lace and see through fabric. This keeps the colors from being too bold and allows her to keep a natural appearance. Her diamond earrings are a classy touch and in teardrop shape.
53. The landscape at this location has varied hues of bright green and rich forest green, with a natural stone walkway and décor. This lends well to a high-class wedding with clean colors and lines. The lace on this gown is easily distinguishable. Her hair and makeup are flawless and simple, adding to the natural beauty.
54. Some areas feature an outdoor pavilion that can hardly be passed up. This pavilion has a wide open front with beautiful pastel colors and natural stone. The bride has used this grand area to make a bold appearance in a dramatic light grey gown. The skirt flows behind her and is sheer fabric, and the dress itself is textured and pleasing to the eye.
55. The sunset on this beach is spectacular. Beautiful pinks and salmon colors give off the feeling of fresh air and the scent of salty water. The bride’s gown is a simple design with spaghetti straps and an open back. Her skirt is light and flowing. The groom keeps his appearance natural, too, with an untucked button-up and rich brown slacks.
56. This venue is a gorgeous garden, complete with many types of flowers, tall shrubs, and dangling lights. The gown on the left is a light brown color, blending with the natural tones of the garden. The gown on the right stands out and makes a statement. It compliments the hues of green surrounding her. The slit up the side is a sensual touch.
57. Here, there is a beautiful airy structure made of large wooden beams and natural stone towers. The height makes it a great spot for the ceremony to take place, and the ivy climbing up the towers is a rustic touch. The white gown on the left is a form fitting straight neckline with a bright beaded pattern above a long slit. The gown on the right is a more flowing dress, great for blowing in soft breezes, and has sheer sleeves over the shoulders.
58. Simple white fabric can be draped over outdoor venues to create an elegant touch and blend with a classy wedding. This small gazebo area is made of white wood and surrounded by green and brown. The bride is wearing an open-backed gown that sticks to her shape very nicely. The appearance is clean and sleek.
59. Fountains can make an excellent place for a wedding because of their stone appearance and bright water. This fountain even shoots water up around the edges. The bride is wearing a simple and untraditional gown that is short with an attached longer train. The Sabrina neckline and long sleeves keep it classy, and the train flows well in the wind.
60. The rocky bluffs of this scene are completed with a beautiful ocean view. The bride is wearing a stunning piece with a long veil thrown behind her. Her dress has a ruffled skirt that is short in front, allowing for easy to walk and keeping her cool in the heat. Her bodice is form fitting with a straight neckline.
61. For those who live in the city, government buildings tend to have beautiful lawns and grand structures, like this statehouse. Tall trees and epic carvings make this photograph great. The bride poses in a gown with a fancy trailing skirt and wide bell shape. Her bodice has simple lace straps.
62. With a sweeping lawn leading down to a scenic river, this scene is perfect for an outdoor wedding. The bride poses happily in her lace-topped gown. A pretty, thin sash is wrapped around her midsection. She has pulled her hair back and attached a veil behind her. The wide skirt has a pretty lace pattern on the bottom, as well.
63. The grand view in this stairwell is made epic with beautiful carvings, large windows, and marble handrails. The bride is holding a bouquet that matches the colors of the stairwell and her dress. Her hair falls lightly over part of her face and is pulled back into her veil. The train of her dress is great for staircase shots as the stairs allow her to showcase the detail and length.
64. This green open park is a relaxing atmosphere for a wedding. The bride’s gown has a deep V down the back, accentuating natural curves and lines, and the lace sleeves are an elegant touch. The groom is wearing traditional black and white with a fun twist of suspenders without an overcoat.
65. You don’t need to travel far for a fun outdoor wedding idea. This couple has stayed close to a village in the background and chosen a hayfield to use as props and setting. The beautiful hills behind give depth and character to the shot. They have chosen to go with a fun color of pink to stand out from the natural colors, and her gown is large and flowing.
66. Settings along railways or in populated areas harken back to childhood memories and bring a bit of nostalgia. The railroad here is bordered by green grasses with mountains in the background. The bride and groom have embraced the relaxed feeling by sitting down and exposing bare feet. Her veil covers much of her body, giving a traditional wedding feel.
67. The tall grasses and wildflowers of this glade are a quaint way to incorporate nature into wedding photography. The bride and groom sit down and chat, making everything seem effortless. The bride holds a brightly colored umbrella, a great touch that draws the eye in. The groom is wearing white on top with classic black on the bottom.
68. Dramatic light falls through old trees onto this scene of a bride sitting on a rope swing. The beautiful greens and browns go perfectly with the sheer white of her gown. Her dress is light and flowy, wonderful for a scene of catching the wind. It has spaghetti straps and a flowing bodice that hangs over the skirt.
69. Lavender fields seem to go on endlessly behind this bride. Her dress seems very authentic and European, with puffy sleeves and an off shoulder top. The deep purple of her sash is the perfect touch for her surroundings, and the eyelets sown in thin lines throughout her dress keep it airy and free from monotony.
70. Bright hues of green and blue come from the waters around these island huts. The wooden boardwalk accents the white of the bride’s gown. Her dress is incredibly flowy, and she is easily able to throw the skirt in the air and look like a beautiful flower blooming. The bodice has a halter top with ruffles, creating unique texture.
71. This overgrown pathway makes a perfect aisle or backdrop. The deep brown of the trees leaning over makes it both mysterious and romantic. The bride has chosen to go with an elegant look, wearing a lace gown with a jewel illusion neckline. Her veil is sheer and ends in a lace pattern as well. The bouquet is very traditional, with bright red roses and delicate white flowers to balance it out.
72. Mangled trees create the perfect prop opportunity for posing on or near. This old tree sits in a beautiful park full of firs and maples. The bride is perched on the low trunk. She is wearing a V-neck gown with spaghetti straps. Her train is made of fun ruffles and her veil is laced at the ends. She keeps it natural with her hair down in wavy curls.
73. Walkways like these are great at all seasons of the year. This walkway is going through the leaf-changing process and has beautiful colors and textures to go with it. The bride seems to dance in the middle of the fallen leaves, letting her skirt twirl around her. She has chosen a bright blue for her shoes and corset ties, making her dress pop out in a fun, spunky way.
74. Winter weddings aren’t always in snow, but they can still be cold. This forest is full of relatively young trees and bares a quiet atmosphere. The bride has chosen to stay warm in her gown by wearing a long-sleeved overcoat that ends at her waste. Her skirt flares out in tulle, which gives her a great presence in all the straight shapes. She adds a unique flare to the photo by holding a handful of blue balloons.
75. This serene lake is surrounded by thick trees and even has some swans in the background. The bride poses well with her flower girl, allowing us to see the beautiful skirt of her gown. It trails out behind her and is in the shape of a bell. Both the flower girl and the bride wear the same white and have their hair up in a bun.
76. Fields can make for great photo areas given their private feel and high growth. This couple poses with a field of sunflowers. Surrounded by green, their black and white appearance stands out. The brides bodice follows her curves and then the gown explodes in texture and ruffles for the skirt.
77. This snowy scene is reflective and peaceful, complete with woods on either side and falling snowflakes. The bride almost disappears in her gown amidst all of the snow, but you can still make out the thick coat she is wearing over a large skirt. The groom wears traditional black and looks very classy.
78. The fall colors in these woods are bright and breathtaking. The sun shines down on the couple as they embrace each other. The bride’s gown has a flowing skirt that is sheer beginning at the knees. The groom is wearing khaki colored slacks with a dark vest and light button-up, keeping a natural look.
79. This is a dramatic scene with vibrant clouds in the sky and a deep view of mountains and a lake in the background. The bride is wearing a dress with a halter strap neckline and beautiful lace pattern. The skirt underneath the lace ends at the knees in a tulip-shaped way, allowing the sheer lace to highlight her legs.
80. Here, the bride leans against a large and old tree with sun dappling her face and body. Her gown is a simple shape with a straight neckline and ruffled skirt. The bodice is textured with tulle and she accents it with a magenta sash at the waist. Her hair is tied in a side ponytail with natural curls.
81. Brick streets and old buildings are the setting for this photo. The bride is wearing a dramatic silky gown of a light lavender color. The V neck top comes down to a beautifully tied midsection, highlighting her waist line. The skirt flows effortlessly in the wind. She wears an armlet to give a sleek addition in jewelry.
82. Posing in a grove of fallen leaves and green grass this bride is embracing the natural colors with a pastel bouquet. Her dress is a soft sweetheart neckline with nearly queen Anne sleeves. The skirt of the gown is lace and very elegant amidst the natural setting. She has chosen a large veil that flows from her pulled back hair.
83. This dreamy creek seems like a fairytale with it’s large stepping stones and overhanging branches. The bride fits in perfectly with a gown that sticks close to her body shape in the torso and flares out for an elegant skirt. The high neckline and sheer veil are beautiful touches as well.
84. The background here is a foggy view of a mountain and valley with a village in between. The bride’s bouquet is very unique, with bright roses and thin foliage flaring out from the sides. Her dress features an illusion neckline and she has pulled her hair to the side in simple curls.
85. Tropical trees overhang the rocky beaches here with an endless ocean in the background. The bride is facing the view, showcasing the corset of her gown and textured lace of the skirt. A simple shape, this gown does not have a long train.
86. Another example of a flowing dress for a beach wedding, this bride holds her skirt up to let it glide with the wind. The soft sand beach she walks on accents her dress well. The low V neck and knotted straps pair well with the textured bodice. Her hair is very simple, and just kept down.
87. These large palm trees on the beach are the perfect way to tie in nature with this bride. Both they and the bride’s gown flow in the wind. The result is a very romantic image that fits in with the surroundings with ease.
88. The bright sun shines down on this sandy beach and ocean view and on the bride and groom standing together. The bride’s gown is a sweetheart neckline with beautifully ruffled skirt that moves with the wind without being taken away. She has her hair pulled back, keeping a sleek appearance.
89. Beaches often have grassy areas that are great for posing in and providing extra textures to a portrait. The bride’s dress is so naturally ruffled that it blends in perfectly with the clouds in the background. Her bodice is form fitting and textured with tulle.
90. The sun falls through this tree covered walkway and gives an antique and romantic feel. The bride is wearing a corseted gown with a brilliant red bow that follows the tulle skirt. Her hair is pulled back into an elegant curly bun. The addition of red, flowered hair pins is a great touch, accenting the bow.
91. This rich brown horse is an excellent addition to the portrait and blends in perfectly with the deep forest behind. The bride stands out like an angel. Her gown is an illusion neckline with accents of a bright red in sash, necklace, and hair piece. She is wearing lace gloves as well.
92. The unique woods pictured here are free from undergrowth that could snag or stain a dress, but full of light and natural colors. The bride is wearing a simple and sleek gown with short sleeves and a pale pink belt. The groom has donned suspenders and rolled up his sleeves to blend in with the relaxed environment.
93. This scene is full of large trees and a quaint gazebo. The bride and groom run at each other. The bride is wearing a high-class gown that features a tight, fitted bodice and a sleek silky skirt. Her veil is very long and elegant, trailing behind her.
94. Cliff scenes and views from high up create dramatic backdrops. This bride stands with her arms stretched out, allowing her veil to catch the wind and flow behind her. Her gown flares out at the bottom into lace, and she is wearing a lacy cardigan as well.
95. Another dramatic scene overlooking the ocean, this bride stands with her arms out as well. Her dress is accented by a large purple sash tied around her waist, and the ruffles of her skirt give a great spunky touch. Her hair is unique done in a Jasmine fashion, using the same pink throughout.
96. These ancient-looking grey steps make the eyes go straight to the white-clad bride. Her bodice is textured and has a sweetheart neckline. Her skirt spreads out beautifully with long, light ruffles. She has left her hair down in natural waves.
97. This scene is full of beautiful colors of yellow and pink. The bride blends in well with this fantastical scene, trailing through the hanging willows in a backless gown. The train of her dress is very simple and sits perfectly on the ground. She has kept her hair natural and topped it with a crown of fresh flowers that match her bouquet.
98. Relaxing on the bright green grass, this bride blends in well with her use of purple and white flowers. Her dress has a high neckline, giving a classy appearance, and her hair flows in the wind. She has kept her makeup very natural as well.
99. The backdrop here is an old stone house on a grassy hill. The bride embraces the uniqueness of the shot with a fur piece to help her stay warm and a thick gown. The skirt hangs heavily but manages to move naturally.
99. A bright sun shines down perfectly here, highlighting the bride and the natural surroundings of a tree and stone building. She has kept her hair down and in curls and wears an old-fashioned gown with a low waist line and heavy fabric.
100. The bright spunky colors of the shed, paired with the overgrown stone patio, make for a wonderful area to take photographs. The bride is holding a pale colored bouquet and is wearing a gown with a sweetheart neckline. The skirt of the dress falls elegantly over the edge of the stone area.