This is the third part of a series on outdoor weddings ideas. Be sure to check out the first two parts for even more amazing photographs of outdoor weddings and gorgeous gowns.
When planning an outdoor wedding, keep your mind open to all possibilities. Even snow or windy weather can make for a beautiful photograph and add a unique element to your wedding. When you’re out looking for a good venue, think about whether you are looking for something rustic, antique, modern, or quaint. You’re bound to find exactly what you need.
Lush forests and thick wooded areas can be great for fairytale weddings, especially when using evening twinkle lights, lanterns, and candles. You can even use your dress as inspiration. Sleek lines and clean edges can go well with pool edges and clean forest floors. Ruffles and textured dresses pair great with natural elements like bark and leaves.
Colors can vary from anything as simple as a white palette to pastels or even bright colors. Beach weddings are usually very vibrant and go well with bright tropical colors, while mysterious forest scenes can handle anything from deep tones to pastels. But at the end of the day, the choice is up to you to make a unique and personalized event that speaks of your love story.
Check out these photographs for some amazing outdoor wedding ideas.
Gallery Wedding Photo Sessions – range from 101 to 150 photos out of 200
101. Stepping inside or posing on the outskirts of a field gives a solid color to pose against, drawing attention to yourself. This bride is wearing a gown with a straight neckline. The skirt is a flowing fabric that has a partition of textured tulle in it. Her bouquet is simple and cream colored.
102. This plowed field gives a great country look. The groom’s suspenders add a farm touch to the picture. The bride’s gown has a light skirt that flows easily while walking, and the corset back is a nice touch of texture. She has kept her hair pulled back in a simple manner with curls.
103. An open floored forest with brown undergrowth allows this bride to stand out in her lace gown. The dress has half-length sleeves of lace and a high neckline, creating a very classic appearance. A bow right under the chest line ties it together. Her veil flows elegantly behind.
104. Outdoor summer weddings can be made very folk-like with flowered crowns and bright colors. This bride walks under hanging willow branches that glow green in the sun. Her dress is very simple yet elegant, with a higher neckline and covered back. Her flowered crown matches the colors and patterns in her untraditional gown.
104. Another beautiful sunny scene, this is next to a stone wall with green growth and a backdrop of shadows and trees. The bride is wearing a beautiful flowered crown with a green ribbon around her waist to match. Her gown is a unique pattern with small eyelets all over.
104. This background is a thickly wooded area of deep greens and browns. The wedding dress is thick and falls heavily, but expresses the classy appearance both her hair and makeup are going with. An easy updo with natural cascading curls gives this an earthy look.
105. Along a quiet lake and with a thick woods in the back, this scene is great for portraits. The wedding dress of this bride has a dramatic skirt that demands attention. The bodice follows her torso shape all the way to the hips with a textured fabric. She is wearing glovelettes as well to add dimension and taste.
106. Another sunny lake scene, this one is alongside a more public area with a walkway in the back. The bride is wearing an elegant gown with off shoulder straps and a textured bodice. The skirt extends at the hips with a full appearance and long train. Her bouquet is a stunning light blue, accenting the scene and her dress well.
107. A more desert-like beach scene, with sand cliffs in the back and tall reeds surrounding the bride, is a sleek scene. The bride has embraced this and wears a gown with a sweetheart neckline and silky skirt that is well contained. A bright red and thick sash goes around her waist and adds a ruffled texture to an otherwise smooth appearance.
108. This example of using lavender fields shows how you can play on height differences to draw eyes up to your dress and face. The purple contrasts perfectly with the white of the gown and bright red sash. Her hair is pulled back neatly into a graceful bun.
109. This country scene is very cute, with a field in the background and the use of a bicycle as a prop. The bride and groom have chosen to interact with each other, adding a personal element to the scene. The groom has classy leather suspenders and an airy white button-up, while the bride wears a simple white dress with a straight neckline.
110. Green trees with dark brown trunks sit in a grassy country field. The bride and groom here are also interacting, almost telling a story. The bride is wearing a lace gown with buttons up the back, and the groom has suspenders and a white button up with the fun touch of a white hat.
111. A fun night time scene is always a unique choice and sure to make great images. This hayfield was used by this couple, where the bride opted to sit atop a large bale, letting her veil cascade down. The flowers on both the groom and bride match and create unity in the picture.
112. This beautiful indoor greenhouse is a splendid scene, full of shrubs, ivy, and twinkling lights. Having a prop like a swing is also ideal, letting the bride to be in a natural position while keeping the shot interesting. This fun gown is made entirely of flowers of all sorts of colors and complemented with natural hair waves.
113. With the advancement of technology, photographers are able to many things and be creative with outdoor shots. This scene is in a densely wooded area where the bride rests against a tree trunk. Computer graphics have been used to create a stunning flowered gown that makes it look like this bride is part of nature.
113. The neat sweeping branches of this tree make a great background and prop as well. A low n-neck gown creates a modern and sleek appearance, and the added flowers give a dramatic pop of color.
114. Tall grasses with bright greens and rustic browns accent this flowered gown nicely. The bride poses against the tree but leans in to create depth and draw attention. Bright makeup and nail color accent the dress.
115. This pretty park area is situated right alongside city buildings and roads. Bright trees and a tall street lamp fill the background, while the bride stays forefront wearing a long lace gown with a scooped back. Her short veil and colorful bouquet are elegant.
116. Snowy scenes are romantic enough, but this mountain background with deep greens is stunning. The bride and groom clasp each other, both wearing hints of the deep blue-green of the forest. A pretty floral pattern on the dress really makes it pop against the snow, and her blonde hair is a great touch.
116. The mountains in the background here are foggy and filled with snow and forest. The bride and groom seem off in their own world, and the groom looks very classy in his blue suit and trimmed beard. The wedding dress is covered in tulle that lets you see through to the patterned fabric underneath.
117. An ancient looking stone bridge over a wooded area can be a beautiful scene for photographs. This bride poses along it and turns her shoulder toward the camera to give an angle that showcases her long gloves and veil. Her sleek dress is textured on top and smooth on the bottom.
118. Clean forest floors can be hard to find, but they are great for taking portraits in as they allow the eye to focus on you. This bride stands in a dominant pose, showing a straight neckline on the dress with a skirt that falls out at the waist in a full lace fabric. Purple flowers crown her head and are used as a prop.
119. Nighttime, with the right lighting, can be beautifully dramatic. Here, on green and sandy cliffs, this bride poses with her arms up. She draws attention to her veil, which has a lacy pattern on the edges. Her gown has lacy straps and forms well to her shape in a textured fabric.
120. Choosing to highlight a bright sunny day creates a soft appearance with high energy. This bride sits against a light green background and uses a sun umbrella to interact with. The bodice of her gown is jewelled with a ribbon around the waist. The skirt is very full and comes out at the hips.
120. A bright walkway bordered by green bushes gives a natural yet simple touch to this image. The bride’s gown has a layered skirt look with beading along the edges of both layers. She has pulled her hair back into a sleek high ponytail and wears an elegant bright necklace.
121. Sometimes it is easier to have an image close up that focuses on the individual and uses a simple green and brown background. This bride ehas turned sideways, giving a great angle of her dress. You can see the gown is a light champagne color with yellow beading. The umbrella almost acts as a veil.
122. Using animals is a perk of having an outdoor wedding, and this couple has incorporated a family dog. The rocky beaches allow a breeze to lift the brides hair and gown. The skirt of her dress is layered, adding a textured element, and everyone is facing towards the wind.
123. Weathered buildings are an easy and great way to add character to wedding photos. This old stone building sits behind the bride and is so complex that it doesn’t need interacted with. The brides dark hair and sheer veil also add dimension, and her straight neckline keeps it simple.
124. A stone face rises up in the background against a shadowed woody area with fun benches. The bride is wearing a stunning gown with an illusion neckline and sweetheart shape underneath. Her skirt flares out at the waist. The groom looks classy with his bowtie, and they’ve opted for the personalized addition of their dog.
125. Sunsets give spectacular colors of red and orange, putting a natural twist on a traditional portrait. The wind picks up the grooms jacket and also sweeps the skirt of the wedding dress nicely, giving dimension. Her gown is tied at the waist with a thick, silky ribbon, highlighting her natural shape.
126. This scene overlooks a spectacular bay with the land rising dramatically from the water. The rock that they are standing on lets them take center stage in the photo. Her dress falls elegantly down, and they’re interacting with each other to keep the feeling relaxed.
127. The rocky cliffs of this image again give a spectacular backdrop. The colors of the stone accent the dress nicely. Her gown fills much of the space with the flowing skirt, contrasting the rocky surface with a smooth fabric. They face the light of the sun, drawing the attention to themselves.
128. The bright blue of the water in the background gives this image a pop that keeps it from feeling to monotonous. The bride leans back, laughing, letting the image feel natural and relaxed. She has kept her hair down to flow in the wind.
129. If you find a dramatic scene and venue, sometimes it can be a great picture to draw the focus out and let the camera take the scene in. Here, the couple is a small part of the image, and instead fits into the overall landscape. The traditional black and white of their outfits is classy against the lake and rising land.
130. These dramatic jutting rocks make great places for the bride and groom to pose, overlooking the water. The groom faces the camera, drawing attention to himself, while the bride gives a bit of mystery to the image by facing away. You can see her gown creates a V in the back with an overlay of lace.
131. The setting here, against a beautifully blooming bush with white flowers and a stone stairway, gives a very natural feeling. The bride stands in the falling sunlight, wearing a layered gown with accented beading and texture on the bodice and skirt. She has pulled her hair back in a beautiful bun and chosen a simple white bouquet.
132. This vibrant image packs a lot in. The viewpoint of ocean and mountainous land is breathtaking, and the wind taking her veil adds a great touch. The bride and groom wear big, natural smiles, and the bride’s gown is a gorgeous form fitting dress made of lace and tulle. She has long lace gloves to match.
133. The well manicured garden and lawn of this scene is perfect for traditional and classy weddings. Bright green, well cut shrubs and trees pair with the bride’s full, ruffled skirt and white gown. Her long veil is very traditional and elegant, and goes well with her pulled back hair.
134. This is another dramatic scene atop a cliff and facing water. These make great places as the wind comes towards you and the light is pure. This couple poses with each other. The bride is wearing a dress with a full skirt, illusion neckline, and long, trailing veil.
135. This is a fun scene where the bride and groom have chosen to interact with elements of the field. A thick wooded hill rises up in the background. The wedding dress hangs down in lacy fabric, and she has kept her hair down and natural. The groom is wearing a simple button up with fun suspenders.
136. The pretty grassy field behind this bride makes for an elegant and natural shoot. The bride is wearing an untraditional gown of a light pink. The sweetheart neckline is textured and creates a line down the waist. Her skirt is very light and flowing and she accents the dress nicely with a large diamond necklace.
137. The trees in the background here have a distinct pink and salmon color, creating a beautiful color palette. The bride has kept her hair down and straight, giving a sleek and modern appearance. Her gown is made of a large tulle skirt and corseted back with texture added on the front. She and her flower girl pose on the beautiful stone patio.
138. For this shot, the photographer has chosen to focus on the bride’s face and torso with a blurry natural background. Feathery plants rise up in the foreground, and the bride stands out in her V-neck halter strap gown. The dress is lace on top. She has her hair pulled back with some curls hanging down behind her.
139. A beautiful wildflower meadow is the scene of this photo, and the bride leans up against the trunk of a tree. Her pretty white dress goes perfectly with the white flowers around her. The bodice is textured and stands out on it’s own.
140. A play on a traditional gown, this bride wears a stunning piece that seems to be both kimono and wedding dress. The chocolate color pairs with the vibrant greens of her surrounding. Her veil is an untraditional shape and form, but accents the dress very well. The chocolate color is added into the ruffles of the skirt for consistency.
141. This pretty tree has large green leaves and white blossoms, matching the bride standing next to it. She is wearing a gorgeous gown with a deep v neck and princess skirt. The bodice is sequined and jeweled, giving a silver appearance. She has her hair in tight curls with a small hair pin.
142. The white of the bark of these trees is splendid against the brown and yellow in the rest of the image. The bride is wearing a unique gown with a corset shape bodice that has a skirt splaying out beneath it. The textured top and spaghetti straps keep a natural appearance.
143. This fairytale setting is in fall wooded environment with soft natural tones. The bride is standing holding her skirt out to display the sheer and flowing fabric. Her bodice is reminiscent of a princess in the forest, and she has kept her hair down and natural looking.
144. If you’re able to pose with an animal, it can add a great element to pictures. This bride sits atop her horse, which conveniently has brown and white colors to blend in with the wooded area around them. Her gown flows beautifull down around the animal, and her textured bodice keeps a natural feel.
145. Having a bright sky behind this bride accents the fresh feeling her dress gives. She is wearing a gown with a beautiful flowered pattern emenating from the midsection. She has tied in the red color of the flowers with a berry crown and golden curls.
146. The setting sun can catch the small particles in the air, adding a fun element and depth to images. This bride and groom are going with a fun and unique feel. The bride is reaching for something in the air and the groom is relaxing beside her. She is wearing a simple dress with a lace bottom for texture.
147. Deep and thick greens envelop this bride as she sits atop a stone walkway. The train of her wedding dress falls down over the railing and a thick cream colored ribbon is tied around her waist. The dress has a straigt neckline, and she is wearing a small veil tied back in her hair.
148. This beautiful scene is taking place in a calm forested area atop pine needles. The bride is wearing a stunning dress with a wide tulle skirt. Lace is seen on the top and bottom of the skirt, and the bodice is a sweetheart neckline with a silky fabric. Her bouquet is kept a slight off white to match the dress.
149. Enjoying the country feeling of this venue, the bride and groom are nestled in a stack of hay with green hills rolling behind them. The bride is making eye contact with the camera, drawing attention to her face. Her dress is gathered all around her.
150. A unique chair or cushion can be a great place for taking portraits. This chair allows the bride to display the skirt of her gown by laying it out all around her. Tulle is wrapped over her shoulders for straps and her hair comes down in a thick, long braid.