When planning for your special day, hair is one of the most important things to plan for. It’s almost as important as choosing the perfect wedding gown. It can be difficult to know exactly what you want to do with your hair.
You have to decide between an updo, a gentle curl with a tiara, braided styles, half up and half down, or choose between all the thousands of styles and combinations. Some women prefer a more elegant look, while other women want to keep it more simple and casual.
Try to experiment with different styles, and see what you think will look best on you. You also need to choose a style that will flatter your beautiful wedding dress. Another important thing to consider is if you’ve chosen an outdoor or indoor venue. Bride hairstyle should be comfortable enough for you depending on the weather. It’s definitely okay to step out of your comfort zone, and try something new. For example, if you don’t normally wear your hair up, try an up-do. You may find that you really do like it that way and want it for your big day. If you have purchased a veil to go with your gown, pick a style that will be fitting for the veil.
We all need a little inspiration to get started on making a decision. I found 60 gorgeous wedding hairstyles that will get you excited to start picking out how to style your hair for your wedding day. Here I show you some examples of wedding day hair. Look through this list, and I’m sure you’ll find a style or two that you’ll want to try for yourself.
Gallery: Amazing 60 photos of wedding hair
1. Soft, long curls with French braids at the front of the crown. Like a princess in a fairy tale. The wedding hairstyle is nicely paired with a gown featuring a strapless sweetheart neckline.
2. Style includes tight curls, and pieces are held together in the back. It looks beautiful with white flower hair accessories and a gown with studded floral embellishments.
3. Bride hairstyle is half-up, half-down with voluminous curls throughout. This style pairs beautifully with the tulle hair accessories at the back, and faux pearl hair pins at the front of the hair.
4. Up-do with hair separated at the middle of the crown. Hair is curled and then pulled back to form a bun. Beautiful pink peony flower accessories are clipped into the bun for an elegant, springtime look.
5. A stunning style featuring soft ringlet curls. Hair is curled away from the face and pinned back to keep out of the face. Perfect for an outdoor wedding.
6. This style is for someone looking for an edgy and romantic look. Wedding hair is curled and pinned up, giving it a less formal and more “fun” appeal.
7. A glamorous look with voluminous curls throughout. The hair is teased at the top and then a floral garland headband is put on the forehead. Matching earrings and ring make this look even more perfect.
8. Long, loose braid for a luxurious look. This style is created by finger-waving the hair of the crown and then braiding all of the hair loosely.
9. The perfect style for a veil. All hair is pulled back and then curled in 1 inch sections and pinned. The style is completed with a dazzling crystal hair clip in the front.
10. A stunning hairdo with light curls and half of the hair pulled up. Finished off with a subtle bouffant at the back and a tiara-style headband at the base of it.
11. All hair is pulled up and curled with a vintage style. Floral pieces are weaved through the curls, making this a gorgeous look for springtime.
12. This complex style is great for longer hair. Two buns are formed at the back, while leaving hair loose at the front, with a lovely draped look over the ears.
13. Wedding hair is very softly curled and kept down, for those wanting a simple look. A light blue crown-like hair piece is then pinned to one side.
14. This is a unique look for any bride wanting an outdoor wedding. Curled wedding hair is formed into a single gorgeous twist and loose braid, with flower accessories pinned throughout.
15. Large, loose curls all around the hair. Two medium-thick strands at the front are pinned at the back, and a tiara headpiece is placed at the crown.
16. This style is full of volume and beauty. Curled strands are held together in random spots by fun and flirty white accessories. Pink jeweled accessories are clipped at the front.
17. A Spanish inspired wedding hairstyle with curls and large floral accessories. Hair is pinned back in different areas and tousled through to give it a messier yet elegant look.
18. Soft curls throughout and pinned back on one side. A classy and vintage style look.
19. A hairdo fit for a princess on her special day. Curled hair is formed into a bun on one side of the head, and a subtle golden accessory is pinned to the back.
20. A style for those wanting a gorgeous and edgy look. Half-up, half-down style with tiara and matching earrings, a matching accessory at the back, and a single strand crimped for a hint of pizzazz.
21. A classic wedding style that works great with a veil. Tight ringlet curls and a simple, sparkly tiara make this a great look for any hair type.
22. Voluminous waves and nothing more. This style is more casual, but will make any bride look glamorous and beautiful.
23. Those planning a winter wedding should consider this snow-queen styled hairdo. A large, loose bun is topped off with stunning hairpieces placed at the front and through the bun.
24. A fashionable and casual wedding hairstyle. A gentle bouffant is formed at the front on one side, and hair is finger-curled throughout. Goes perfectly with this lacy V-neck gown.
25. This large bun is a great look for those who don’t want to take any attention away from their gorgeous gown. The hair looks fabulous, and complements any dress.
26. This up-do is for those with a very talented hairstylist. A lovely, complex French braid is created at the front of one side, and then trails back to create a high bun.
27. Similar to the last look, this style included a French braid at the side and is pulled back into two large buns at the back.
28. A sweet and elegant hairstyle to compliment a more modest and traditional dress. Half-up, half-down with a silver headband surrounding a subtle bouffant.
29. Wedding hair is teased at the front to create a bouffant, and topped off with a pearl accessory. The rest of the curled hair is pinned at the back, and a ribbon holds it together.
30. Another great style to compliment a veil. Curly hair is secured in different spots at the back and middle of the crown, and then decorated with pearl accessories throughout.
31. For those wanting a Bohemian look, this is a fabulous option. Gentle waves are created and front strands are twisted and pinned back out of the face.
32. A long and pleasant braid falls at either side of the face. Daisies are pinned at different areas of the braid, as well as at the bottom of the braid.
33. This look takes just a few minutes to create, but it looks beautiful. Straight hair is pinned with a floral accessory and then twisted all the way down.
34. Large curls and a lacy headband make this a lovely, casual look. It’s especially a good option for an outdoor wedding.
35. A charming style for any hair type. Hair is pulled to one side and pinned in place. The remainder of the hair falls down like a spiral and then garnished with a petite tiara.
36. A delicate, fairy-tale style that features gentle curls and a large floral headpiece. A great option for Spring.
37. This style is perfect for those looking for something simple, that will bring more attention to your beautiful gown. Wedding hair is side parted and pulled back into a low bun.
38. For those with very long hair, it’s a good option to simply curl it gently let it fall down your dress. Creates an elegant look, and you won’t have to worry about your heavy hair staying up all day.
39. This is also a great voluminous look for those with long and thick hair. Wedding hair is pinned at the back and decorated with several gorgeous flowers.
40. A floral headband to match your bouquet is perfect for any springtime/summertime wedding. For this look, hair is simply curled throughout and the headpiece is affixed to the top front.
41. A glamorous style with large, pouf curls and a simple flower headband. The bangs are finished off with a windswept look.
42. This is a unique and flirty hairdo for those wanting something fashionable. A simple vintage ringlet on one side, a glittery headband, and a large beehive-type bun on the other.
43. If you’re looking for a unique yet vintage look, this is a great option. Large fingered ringlets are formed at the back of the crown, and the rest of the hair falls down into a twisted spiral.
44. Here is another gorgeous example of floral headpieces for your springtime wedding. Wedding hair is curled and slightly loosened before attaching the headpiece.
45. This stunning hairdo is achieved by curling the hair lightly and pulling back some strands to the back. The pulled-back hair is loosed slightly and finished off with a silver tiara.
46. A lovely fishtail braid will complement any style dress. Whatever shape or style, it will only add to the gown’s appearance.
47. Wedding hair is curled and made to fall down in the back like a soft waterfall. It is finished off with a silver headband which pushes the front of the hair into a very small bouffant.
48. This is a very classic and modern bride hairstyle for weddings. Half of the hair is pulled to the back, while leaving some strands hanging very loosely over the ear. The other half of the hair falls down over the shoulders.
49. This style is blooming with luxurious curls. Straight hair is pulled to the back in a ponytail. The stands of the ponytail are then curled one-by-one and then pinned to the rest of the head. A floral headband is then attached in between the straight and curled hair.
50. If you’re looking to make your hair into a piece of art, this will inspire you. The hairstylist will take each strand and do something different with them. In this style, some pieces are curled tighter than others. Some pieces are pinned down, while others fall down the back.
51. This up do is a large ponytail that is then curled loosely. A gemstone headband separates the ponytail from the front, and also creates a subtle bouffant in the front.
52. Here is a simple and gorgeous look for any bride. Straight hair is pulled to either side to create a curly bun. Notice how your eyes are immediately drawn to the stunning strapless dress, and the hair doesn’t take any attention away from it.
53. This headband feature Tiger Lilies, Yellow Roses, and other summery flowers. It sits on top of a straight head of hair, and the veil flows very elegantly down the back.
54. Another example of how lovely a floral headpiece could be for you and your wedding. A simple strand of white flowers sits on straight hair, and a braid crown is created at the back of the head. Great for summertime.
55. Here is a stunning example of floral headpieces for a wedding in Autumn or Winter. Simply choose flowers in season for the fall or colder months, and add a headband to very soft waves.
56. A classical wedding hairstyle may be what you’re looking for, and this is a perfect idea. Strands of hair are pulled back to form a huge bun, and then they are curled and pinned in a perfectly organized pattern. A single strand is curled and falls down the face.
57. This style is also a classic wedding look to compliment a variety of dresses. What makes it so classic is the floral and tulle veil headpiece that is pinned to a full head of gorgeous tight ringlets.
58. A gorgeously vintage bride hairstyle for an elegant wedding. Tight ringlets hang from the back, and a soft, vintage curl sits at the middle of the crown. It’s topped off with a gorgeous pink orchid pinned to the side of the head.
59. This glamorous hairdo is made up by pinning strands and groups of hairs to the back of the head. Some of those strands are curled, while others are twisted to pin to other groups of hair. Lovely flowers are pinned in the back, and compliment this floral gown perfectly.
60. This voluminous hair can be achieved by evenly curling every inch of hair, and then brushing through when it has cooled off. A perfect look for any style of dress, and any wedding season. It is topped off with a small bouquet accessory on one side of the hair.
Be sure to take a look at the video slideshow of all the styles I’ve shown you today. As you watch, make yourself notes of what you like and would love to try for your own wedding.