The bride’s look is one of the most important factors of a wedding – When Pachelbel’s Cannon plays and you appear at the end of the aisle, the eyes of your family and friends watching and waiting for you to travel the small distance to the love of your life – you want to look good. Looking good, means wearing the right dress, having your hair perfectly coiffed to the occasion, and wearing makeup that will make you feel like a queen on your special day.
Wedding makeup look is almost as important as picking your wedding dress. You’ll be facing people, emotions, and weather all day long. Your face will also be in all of the pictures that you will look at 10 years from now, 50 years from now. You want pictures that allow you to look your best self – something that is 100% possible to do with makeup.
There are many different styles of bride makeup to pick from: vintage, natural, bold, dramatic, playful, glam, and even goth. You can pick between different shades of lipstick and eyeshadows to bring out your best features and tone down the rest of your face. You can play around with waterproof makeup so that your makeup will last through the tears, kisses, hugs, food, dancing. You’ll want to use products to your advantage to bring out your best features and let the world (and the camera) see you for your beauty.
With so many pictures and ideas, inspiration for wedding makeup is all around us. Below, I’ve found 39 gorgeous and different ways that you can bring out your best features on your wedding day. I’ll show you some exciting and intriguing ways to play with your eyes, your lips, and your greatest features so that when you look at the pictures on your wall 50 years from now, poised with the love of your life, you won’t be worrying about that awful shade of blush or mascara clumping – You’ll only remember the lasting memories you now share with your honey. Take a look through this gallery and I’m sure that you’ll find something that will fit you as well as your wedding dress.
Gallery 39 Photos Wedding Makeup
1. This bride’s look is glamourous with a soft touch. Her blush colored eyelids are stunningly sweet when she closes her eyes. Yet, when she opens them, her eyes are her brightest features. This bride as focused on strong features around her eyes like brows and lids and has chosen more natural looks for her lips and cheeks.
2. In her sweetheart gown and natural look, this bride is appearing smooth and pretty. She has kept her blush, lipstick, and eyeshadow to a very light pink pigment, allowing the natural colors of her skin and eyes to show through. Her wedding makeup was applied to look like she isn’t wearing makeup at all.
3. Sweet like honey, this bride has chosen for a pretty style. Her lids are soft and neutral, but her lashes bring a punch that draws everyone right to her eyes. She’s chosen light pink lipstick and blush that gently shows off her wedding day smile and shine.
4. Dramatic and sultry, this bride with darker features has chosen a look that is sure to seduce the cameras. She’s contouring her face wonderfully with rosy blush, allowing the focus to be brought right to her T-zone. Her eyes dramatically speak to anyone that will listen as she’s covered them in layers that appear to be both pretty and bold. Her eyelash extensions complete her beautiful look.
5. This bride almost has a 1920’s movie feel to it – her vintage movie star look brings a whole new light to dramatic wedding makeup. She’s chosen a lighter smoky eye with winged eyeliner that flows seamlessly together across her eyelid. She’s contoured her face lightly and used natural looks with her lips and cheekbones to keep the focus on her eyes.
6. Playful and fun, this bride’s blue eyeshadow is bold enough to bring liveliness to all of her guests. The added sparkle to her eyeshadow will give her groom a reason to stare at her eyes as she says her vows. She has kept her lips and cheeks to a naturally toned pink so that her eyes speak for themselves.
7. Straight out of a fairytale, this bride has soft white and light pink cascading over her eyes, playing out her natural features. Her very natural look gives a sensually sweet vibe that will be sure to translate on her wedding day.
8. This bride’s choice in colors is phenomenal – she has beautiful light pinks and whites throughout her eyelids, but also a darkness that brings out the lighter colors. As she smiles, a natural elegance is brought together by the different colors she used on her eyes and lips.
9. Both pleasant and bold, these purple eyelashes would bring out anyone’s eyes, especially a bride with green eyes. This bride has her lids contoured and blended so that the purple flows throughout the lid. She’s also using some rosy lip gloss to bring out her natural lip shape.
10. Fit for a princess, this look is romantic and elegant. The eyes are seem to create a natural wave of white, light pink, and black as the eyeshadow meets the winged liquid eyeliner. This bride’s face looks absolutely flawless.
11. Although her dress is dramatic, this bride’s face is casually beautiful. She’s merely highlighted all of her natural features and focused on beautiful skin – two things that most brides would love to have on their wedding days. For her look, she’s chosen simple neutral colors and applied them very sparingly.
12. This bride’s look is exotic and beautiful, making her stand out like a stunning mermaid princess. The dramatic blue eyeshadow meeting the white is softened by full lashes, contoured cheeks, and dark roseate lips.
13. As beautiful as a southern belle, this bride makeup look certainly is of beauty and grace. The purple in the background and her headband brings out the lighter pink and purple hues throughout her eyes. She’s kept her lips and cheeks completely au naturel to convey the beauty of her eyes.
14. With a vintage touch, this bride’s makeup is flawless. Her eyes are breathtakingly impactful. Although her eyeliner is thick, the soft warm palette that she has chosen fits her face beautifully. Her lips are almost a beautiful mix between salmon and rose colors.
15. This bride seems to be fitting the bill of a pinup look with her winged eyeliner and cardinal colored lips. The eyes of all of her guests will be drawn straight to her lips which will surely be used to kiss her groom later on in the ceremony!
16. This bride’s cheerful look focuses on her beautiful smile. Purple eyeshadow brings out her stunning brown eyes and dark hair.
17. This sweet look would be perfect for a spring or summer wedding. This bride makeup has chosen very natural colors that would shine and sparkle in the sun.
18. Conversely, this look would be optimal for a winter wedding. The white in this bride’s eyeshadow are like individual snowflakes on her eyes. Her look is cool and collected.
19. This look would be a classic for any wedding. The bride’s eyeshadow is darker than her natural skin color, but light enough that it isn’t too bold. She’s highlighted her eyes with lengthened and darkened eyelashes. Her rosy lipstick brings out her beautiful smile.
20. The eyes bring out this young bride’s ageless qualities. Her pretty pink eyeshadow is brought over the entire lid but does not extend to the face, giving her a classic but beautiful appeal. Her matching pink lipstick and lip liner brings together her look.
21. Bride makeup is classic look features natural colors in a glamourous way. Light and dark browns have been smoothed together over the bride’s eyelashes to create a look that both enhances her face and would fit for any time of the year.
22. If you’re looking to be a European princess, play up your eyes with a dramatic black or brown flair out, like this young bride. She’s used a rosy pink lip gloss to bring her look together.
23. The softness throughout this bride’s look is perfect for a spring wedding. Her eyes resemble the natural beauty of flower pedals and bring out the blue in her eyes.
24. The perfect style for a beach wedding, this look is bold. The seafoam greenish blue eyeshadow will be the center of attention in this look. Although, this bride’s glossy natural lips will surely entice her groom as they read their vows to one another.
25. This confident and cheerful bride has chosen darker colors to compliment her blonde and light features. The brown hues that she has chosen for her eyelids, lips, and cheekbones are a perfect style for a winter wedding.
26. This cute and flowery style would be perfect for a day wedding. This bride has chosen pink tones that compliment her skin shade. She has used dark winged liquid eyeliner to add to the ligher tones.
27. Attractive and modern, this look would be perfect for a contemporary state-of-the-art wedding. While the pink and red would make some brides cringe, this bold bride has chosen to mix the colors together, creating a sophisticated look that accentuates all parts of her face.
28. Sunshine meets tropical fish, the eyeshadow in this look would be great for a tropical wedding. The bright yellow and purple colors meeting the black eyeliner/eyeshadow combo create an effect that would be perfect for destination weddings.
29. This classic look would be perfect for any age or style of bride. The dark hues used for the eyelids would compliment all skin tones and create a glamourous look. Similarly, the natural lipstick is a perfect combination to make sure the eyes are not too dramatic.
30. Whimsical and joyful, the purple and pink colors in this look are very versatile. Combined together, these colors are bold on the eyelids and sweet on the lips.
31. This look has very defined lines throughout the face. The eyes feature a lighter color on the lids and a darker liner and lashes.
32. Dark features meet Dark makeup. The eyes are dramatically drawn out and dark, matching this bride’s dark hair nicely. Yet, her bright pink lips brighten up the look.
33. A perfect combination of sweetness and smiles, this look is youthful and pretty. This bride’s light eyeshadow and loud eyeliner meet to create a fun look.
34. Enchanting but natural, the dark lashes of this bride shine over her lighter features. Her lashes mix beautifully with her dark hair, creating a naturally beautiful look.
35. Pink and purple, bold and beautiful, this look would be great for a night time wedding in the city. The purple in the eyeshadow dramatically brings out this bride’s green eyes.
36. The shade in this bride’s look brings out all of her natural features in a way that doesn’t look she’s wearing too much makeup. Her eyes are dark enough that they are highlighted, but her lips are merely heightened by an enhanced quality of the same color as her natural lips.
37. This look would be great for a country wedding. Her brown eyes are simple and understated, but bring out her natural beauty.
38. This look features red lips and dark eyelashes and brings out the bride’s eyes. It would be a great look for any kind of wedding.
39. Delicate wedding makeup.