Your wedding is your special day for the two of you, and you want everything to be perfect. Don’t forget – you also want it to be amazingly fun! When choosing what you will both wear, details are important. Well-placed pearls or a slight flare or ruffle can be all the difference that’s needed to turn a good dress into the perfect one. First choose the silhouette you like best and that works best with your figure. Trends can be fun as well, but focusing on your own sense of style is what will make the dress you choose absolutely perfect for you! For the groom, be sure to choose a tuxedo that is the right complement to your gown. Voila, awesome wedding photos!
Let’s look at the different types of silhouettes that are available, to give you an idea of where to start. Do you prefer something that makes a big statement? You might opt for a ball gown style with a large and full skirt and lots of stiff underskirts that will give you the air of a princess. An A-line dress is a little more subtle, fitted at the bodice and flared out from there, with or without underpinnings. Perhaps you prefer a mermaid silhouette that is contoured to your body from chest to knees, then flares out, for a sexy but elegant look. Similar, but a little more subtle, a trumpet style dress has a gradually-flared skirt, and fitted bodice that skims your figure through your hips. the flare of a trumpet skirt is more gradual than the dramatic flare of a mermaid dress. If you prefer a long and lean look, you might want to opt for a sheath or column dress that is fitted from chest to floor. Of course, all of these wedding dresses can be created in a beautiful tea-length as well if that is what you prefer. Now let’s take a look at some absolutely gorgeous gowns and great tuxes for the men!
Gallery 56 photos of the bride and groom
1. This couple is the picture of wedding day perfection. For her dress, the straight bodice hugs her curves down to her hips then flares out mermaid style in swirls of taffeta. She has accessorized with statement earrings, natural looking makeup and gorgeous wavy long, blond tresses. The groom’s colorful royal blue suit and marmalade colored accents offer a pop of color for these outdoor photos.
This image gives an even better view of the upturned mermaid skirt’s train, which gives this dress just the right unexpected touch, as the couple gaze lovingly at one another.
2. This couple appears to be taking a break from the wedding day hoopla on the courthouse steps. The groom is dressed in a blue suit with matching socks and shoes, and his red bowtie to offset the color. The bride is leaning on her man the way she will for life, and is dressed in a white fitted gown that is backless and has sheer illusion lace down the arms. Her hair is in a casual updo and offset with pearl earrings, red lips and classic white pumps.
3. This happy bride and groom are the picture of elegance, from the stunning setting filled with a chandelier, brocade curtains and flocked walls. He is wearing a traditional black tuxedo with a bowtie. She is gorgeous in a sweetheart neckline of lace that flares to a long train. Her sophisticated updo, pearl necklace and white gloves lend themselves well to the feel of this classy wedding.
4. Fun and fresh is the best way to describe this loving pair. They are photographed in the ocean up to their knees and they are dressed for an oceanfront soiree, the groom in a white button up shirt with white cargo pants. The bride is casual and funky in a short, off the shoulder mermaid dress and a white flower in her long, casual hair. These two look ready for the party!
5. Ready to step into the historic church behind them, this happy couple is beautifully attired. From his deep steel gray sateen suit with a tie to match his white shirt, he is nearly as stunning as the bride. She is dressed in a ball gown with a beaded princess neckline; her hair is in a chic updo and she’s wearing simple but classy earrings to complete the look.
6. Bride and groom look engrossed in conversation with one another in a homey setting. Groom is attired in a blue suit, white shirt and maroon bowtie, with a matching boutonniere. The bride is wearing a dress with an illusion princess top and mermaid skirt. Her hair is in a neat twisted updo style, with a partial veil and dangling earrings to complete her look.
7. Shot at an interesting angle, this bride and her groom are photographed outside of a rustic barn. The groom is wearing a classic black suit and a silver-gray tie with his white shirt. The bride is wearing a beautiful A-line dress with a long train, and is holding a bouquet of crimson and pink. She also has a beautiful beaded headpiece in her hair.
8. This bride will steal the show, even by bridal standards. She is wearing a spaghetti strap dress with a sparkling dress and trumpet style miniskirt in the front, along with a long train embellished with pink and white netting. Her hair is very long and wavy, with white flowers and a long back veil. She deep pink lips, a pink and white bouquet and peep-toe pumps. The groom is holding her train and is wearing a gray suit set off with a matching pink tie.
9. This couple is going for a nautical look, and they are posed in front of a rack of multicolored kayaks. The groom looks like a ship’s captain in his bright royal blue sport jacket, belt and bowtie paired with white pants. The bride is stunning with a slick updo and long earrings worn with her ballgown that is set off by a matching royal blue waist ribbon and blue and white bouquet.
This picture of our beautiful in blue couple shows a side view of them cozied up in front of a white picket fence.
10. This classic couple is photographed in a field of flowers and leaning against a tree. She is gorgeous in her white lace-embellished ball gown and cover up. Her dark hair is in an updo with pearl accents, and she has a pale lip color that closely matches the peach and white flower bouquet she is carrying. The groom wears a classic navy blue tuxedo and his gold watch is visible.
11. Photographed in front of an old building, this couple looks like they stepped out of 1800s. The groom is wearing a dark steel gray suit with a decided sheen and a maroon and black print tie. The bride wears a dress with spaghetti straps and a champagne color that is a sleek trumpet style with a long train. She is holding a matching parasol above them both.
12. The bride is wearing an off-white halter style dress with beading under the bodice,and a trumpet style skirt with a short train. Her black hair is pulled back and she sports red lips and dangling black statement earrings. The groom is attired in a classic black tuxedo with a bowtie.
13. This couple appears to be walking in the park. He is wearing a blue suit and matching blue tie. Her A-line dress has a princess style top with beading, and her long hair is pulled to one side, while she finishes off her look with a white floral necklace and bouquet.
14. Photographed in front of a large bush filled with red roses, this couple manages to be even more colorful. He is dressed in a blue sport jacket over dark gray trousers. She is wearing a bateau neckline dress with silver paisley designs on the top and an A-line skirt in a peach color. Her bouquet is mango, white and dark purple, and her long hair is adorned with a small tiara.
15. This couple looks like a pair of flower children from the late 60’s. She has a flower crown of orange and yellow flowers and long wavy tresses; her dress is champagne colored lace with spaghetti straps. He is wearing a dark blue suit with an orange tie, and has a haircut befitting of the Beatles.
16. Another shot of the same happy couple from the previous pose, in this one we get a better look at her ballgown skirt and long sateen ribbon at the waist.
17. With two bridal looks in this shot, it is only by noting who’s carrying the bouquet that we can tell which is the bride. She is wearing a dress with a top of lace illusion and a trumpet skirt and is carrying beautiful wedding flowers. The groom is attired in a deep gray suit, white shirt and champagne colored bowtie. The bridesmaid wears a sheath dress with a bateau neckline of illusion lace.
18. Long lace sleeves set off this bride’s mermaid style dress, and her groom is attired in dark steel gray with a champagne bowtie.
19. A beautiful updo, an a-line dress with a princess-cut top makes this bride a sight to behold, while her groom wears a gray suit and pastel tie.
20. This bride opts for a lace v-neck top and a-line skirt, while her groom wears black trousers, a pale blue shirt, suspenders and a black bowtie.
21. This couple is all smiles at the beach, she in her straight, sleeveless ballgown dress and he in his classic black suit.
22. In a fresh field, this couple is the picture of happiness and serenity. She wears an a-line dress with a lace bateau neckline, and carries breathtaking red flowers accented with fronds and pearls. He wears a blue suit and accenting red tie.
23. On a forest trail, this happy couple only have eyes for one another. He is dressed in classic black, and she wears a contemporary tiara with our a-line dress with a beautiful train.
24. This bride wears an off-white dress with a beaded bateau neckline and sleek a-line skirt, while her groom leans casually against a tree and presents her with a ring. She wears a crown of flowers that match her bouquet perfectly.
25. At the edge of a lake, our groom has removed his jacket for a more casual look, and our bride wears an off-white beaded bateua gown while carrying a beautiful bouquet.
26. Riding in style, this couple looks elegant and relaxed as she sips on champagne. He is dressed in classic black, and the bride’s dress has beautiful lace princess neckline.
27. Stunning outdoor shot with our groom attired in black, and our bride wearing an all-over lace dress which is shear and top and trumpets out at the bottom.
28. Taken in sunny outdoors location, this photo highlights our bride’s red tresses which match her wedding flowers. Her groom is dressed in navy, and she wears a frothy ballgown with a long train.
29. Photographed under an arch of greenery and white flowers, our bride is stunning in a princess top ballgown with a red sash at her waist, while her groom is wearing navy with red accents.
30. This mountain image shows our bride in a very Bohemian style gown with blue accents and sheer overlays, while her groom is dressed in navy.
31. Our bride and groom are in the mountains, with our groom dressed in navy, and our bride in a long sleeved gown with blue accenting on the sleeves, and a bowed headband and bouquet to match.
32. Outdoors, our groom wears a periwinkle suit and matching tie, while our bride is dressed in an a-line dress with lace accents and a sheer inset at the neckline.
Here our couple appears more casual, he has removed his jacket to show his short-sleeved shirt, and we get a view of the pearl accents in her hair and on her ears.
33. This boudoir image shows our bride in her princess-style ballgown with a crown of lavendar flowers. The groom wears a black vest and trousers along with a gray ascot.
34. In front of a rock wall, our bride wears a straight top sheered trumpet dress that hugs her curves, and her groom is dressed in dark navy with a matching tie.
35. An outdoor shot that shows our bride’s lace top a-line dress with a lengthy train, and her groom attired in classic navy blue.
36. This bride is the picture of innocence in her straight cut top frothy ballgown and long veil. Her groom is dressed in dark blue with a periwinkle tie to match her wedding flowers.
37. Standing elegantly on a staircase, our bride wears a dress of lace cut in a princess style; it a-lines at the bottom and features a ruffled back and long train.
38. Pictured outdoors, our bride wears a champagne-colored dress of lace with long sleeves and flowers in her hair, as her groom is attired in electric blue.
39. Our couple stands in a meadow, he in his electric blue jacket and white trousers, she in a champagne colored all over lace sheath with long sleeves.
40. Standing on a hillside, our bride wears a sleek a-line style with a halter neckline and her groom is attired in navy blue with a royal tie. The bride carries a pink bouquet.
41. In a rustic setting, our bride wears an illusion sheath dress with allover lace, and her groom matches his surroundings in khaki trousers with suspenders and a bowtie.
42. Hillside, our couple is casual; the groom wears dark trousers and a white shirt, while the bride wears an a-line dress with red poppies and sports a crown of berries.
43. In front of a fountain, our bride shows off her Queen Anne dress with rhinestone embellishments and a mermaid skirt, while her groom looks dapper in gray.
44. This couple is photographed in a meadow; she is wearing a lace princess style gown with a trumpet skirt, and he is classic in a gray suit.
45. Featured in front of stone steps, our bride is a vision in a frothy white princess style ballgown, with long wavy hair and a long veil. Her groom wears a classic navy suit.
46. Photographed sitting in a meadow, and staring at one another, our groom is casual with a white shirt and dark trousers. The bride wears a v-neck dress with gorgeous lace.
47. This couple is photographed waterfront, he in a gray suit and she in a long-sleeved v-neck dress with lace sleeves and a-line skirt.
48. Photographed in a field, our couple is stunning; he wears a navy suit, and she wears a high-neck champagne trumpet dress.
49. Climbing a ladder, our groom is attired in dark blue with a bowtie, and our bride wears high heels and a very mini dress with a jewel neckline.
50. This bride opts for a ballgown with a lace illusion top and a long veil, while her groom wears a blue suit and tie.
51. On the church steps, our groom is dressed in black, and his bride wears a long-sleeved ballgown with a long train.
52. On the beach, our grown wears all white, and our bride is dressed in a straight top with a ballgown bottom and hints of pink.
53. Ballgown dress with a purple satin top, and lace overlay bottom. Groom in white shirt with purple tie.
54. On a bridge, the bridge wears an off the shoulder dress with a trumpet skirt, while her groom is dressed in gray.
55. In front of a garden gate, our bride wears a short dress with a red sash, white gloves and a veil. Her groom is dressed in black with red accents.
56. In this urban setting, our bride wears a V-neck dress with a frothy trumpet skirt and train. He is dressed in white, with a lavendar tie.